Okay big news. We are officially the coolest people ever. We’ve decided that since we are growing in popularity (1 trillion views a day, no biggie) that we should start interviewing Canadian Celebrities who we think are pretty awesome. And The Arkells front man, Max Kerman, was the first to respond! Thanks Max.
The Arkells formed in Hamilton a while back (formerly known as Charlemagne), and have been rising in popularity since the release of their kick-ass first album, Jackson Square, in 2008. And to top it off, they won a Juno award for Best “New group of the Year” this past May. We were lucky enough to catch them at the Burlington Sound of Music Fest where they put on a stellar performance, followed by an encore of one of my all time favourite motown songs “Aint too proud to beg”.
So in short, we think they are great and you should too!
Check out Max’s answers below!
1) What is your favourite 90’s sitcom?
Hang Time/City Guys
2) Do you own any music by Rita MacNeil?
3) Do you have any nicknames?
Lately my fiend Julian has been calling me “Moon” because apparently, “I’m not the sun” – reaaallllly bad Arkells joke.
5) Do you have a favorite hat? If so, please describe or send us a photo of you wearing said hat.
it’s a Milwaukee Brewers New Era Cap, but their vintage logo. see here:
6) Do you have any hidden talents? If so, please describe, or send us a video of you demonstrating said talent whilst wearing your favourite hat mentioned in question 5.
i dont have any video capabilities, but i’m a pretty good at playing 21 basketball. I will challenge anyone.